Thursday, July 08, 2004

so i dont actually know what youre doing any more, i barely know what im doing! seriously it has just got so hectic this week. cancel my last blog about being excited about camp, they moved this wicked guy andy from our camp to another one which kinda put a sour note on everything. but it should still be good. (she says with the enforced optimism of having a million people in the movement be really pseudo sympathetic and understanding over her anguish and NOT CHANGING A DAMN THING!)

it annoys me that my hectic week has NOT actually been as exciting as kats, my crazy scientist friend currently in the states cutting up plants. she is annoyi9ngly having way more fun than me, arguing about aluminum vs aluminium and other matters of national importance. i on the other hand was ordered to read 6 national newspapers a day (yes, 6) including the mail and the telegraph. o the indignity. not only do i fund cuntish bigoted press, it takes me 2 hours to read each paper. the mathematically proficient among you will have worked out thats 12 hours a day spent reading newspapers. o and fyi slobodan milosevics blood pressure is 200/130. thats the useful stuff my brain is retaining. someday somebodys gonna give me a job for that little titbit. and its all so when i go to the times (also a bigoted pile of trash from my reading) for work experience next week i will know the weeks news. SURELY i could have gleaned a basic grasp of the weeks news from ONE newspaper i whimper? no no youre missing the point. we want you to be a mindless sleep deprived slavish idiot by the time you enter our hallowed doors so you dont even notice our implied sexism. (anyone else catch that by the way? todays article on that footballer and his large financial settlement with his wife. classic.)

so check me reading the dailys until 3 this morning. this after getting caught in a huge fucking storm - somehow despite readin 6 newspapers i really had no idea there were gale warnings. which just goes to show.

this after i declared that hiv was curable. o the shame. hpw mocked i was, how spurned and how humbled now i sit here baring my ineptitude to you all. please forgive me, i was tired and the roof was leaking on me.

i havent even had time to speak to my friends. so sorry all who have left innumerable voice messages on my phone, by september i should have shifted the stress a bit.

so my days have been spent reading papers in the library (im too cheap to buy them) and for gods sake WHY am i the only person who seems to be frustrated by the SCREAMING CHILDREN?! a library is supposed to be quiet for christ sakes. damn that anti smacking bill, i have a whole shelf of heavy books right by my left arm...

shrek 2 is on the cards for tomorrow with lovely sam and wonderful miriam, andy is staying over, and i am going shoe shopping in the morning - even the wicked have to have some rest... no wait... no i think thats wrong... hmmm.

a lovely letter from kate cheered me up but made me sad too as i havent had a chance to call her for a week. i have in fact had to resort to the habit of saving inyeresting emails on my avccount unopened to liven up my highstress days. so grilly and joel you lucky things your emails remain unopened - and they better be worth the anticipation!

stay safe and avoid the seagulls dropping dead pigeons on your head - it happened to kate, it happened to some guy in the paper, and it could happen to you! also humuorous was the couple whose house got struck by lighning twice. huzzah for news!
jess

1 Comments:

Blogger Grilly said...

that thing about the house being struck by lightning is idiotic, as is the adage, "lightning never strikes twice". as any fule no, lightning will always strike the highest/best conducting thing around. if it never strikes twice, why on earth would we have lightning conductors!!! arghh!!

12 July 2004 at 15:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home