Wednesday, June 30, 2004

the point is you're a fool my friend i told him as i kicked him repeatedly in the bollocks. or her if we interpret this as a metaphor for my rage at my sisters NOT getting the single pjharvey ticket her friend at work was selling. 'but it was a single ticket' she whinged. yes. yes it was. BUT I HAVE FRIENDS GOING. and i am not hugely afraid of going to gigs on my own. not hugely. not unless the toms are there. did that make sense to anyone? i refer you to stonysleep gigs. check me at 14. yeah. it all makes sense if you'r me :)

so im moving my stuff up from the lounge into my bedroom. which is an attic room yknow. that means its up a fuckload of stairs. thats ok, but its also fulla crap. and i mean real crap. today i found a load of elastic bands melted onto the top of my desk (keep reading for more desk-related fun) 2 rulers and enough fluff to run a fluff turbine. ok you think. no problem. um...but the room is fulla crap and i gotta move a roomful of good crap into it. hmmm. physics. so yay lets have a chucking out party! it should be noted that i have spent about 5 years trying to tidy my room. i firmly believe that theres too much in it to tidy it and therefore all things must be removed. preferably by throwing them out the window. i see the desk. the desk sees me. (this is the bit where the desk plays a major role). we look at each other. that music from the good the bad and the ugly comes on. then i put on my army boots and spend half an hour kicking it to pieces. rarr. apart from i wasnt hugely successful so i ended up dragging the main body of my desk through the house -rather like achilles and hector - down the stairs over bannisters and out by the bins. i was so hot. gross. but fulfilling.

actually that really wasnt very interesting. that was the high point of my day. kinda puts things in perspective.

so the dreaded jew weekend looms ever closer.. it starts friday -as weekends are wont to do - and finishes sunday - ditto - which means i miss chuck berry and jerry lee lewis. and no theyre not dead. goddamitt.

being back in london has left me feeling slightly disjointed. i cant help getting all aggro when my sister keeps fussing over me, turning lights on for me and shit. I WANNA GO BLIND U FUCKER! not helped by the fact that i have done all her washing up (after every meal no less) since ive been back. that aint right. the chance to destroy furniture today however has settled my inner turbulence. almost as much as the prospect of the drama festival at my old school which i shall be checking out on monday. the latin play comes highly recommended.

AND I ONLY HAVE A SINGLE TICKET....

jess

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home