Sunday, July 18, 2004

another week done, its almost midnight on saturday night and im sitting here typing this shit. woohoo!

have actually had a surprisingly good set of days. finished my work experience and it had gone so well by the end that they invited me back! yay! seems they werent put off by my stupid hair and tattoos (or were they? i refer you to later on in the blog where i discuss idiot lady journalist). i looked surprisingly respectable in my shirts and nice trousers and i think i almost fooled the regular commuters. what i have learnt from the experience is that london transport is shit, another theme i will return to later.

or now: ok so im meant to be working at the respect festival in victoria park, london today. if i do this then i get to work at reading. booya. so i loom up victoria park on the a to z and its far far away. i know my own ineptitude so i call up london travel info on 0207 222 1234 and ask the easiest and quickest way to get from my house to the park. having followed their instructions to the letter (thats 2 tube rides and a looong bus ride and im now 20 mins late cos of a long wait for the bus) im told by some nice old ladies that im the OTHER SIDE OF LONDON from the park. damn you london travel info, damn you all to hell! so i get back on a bus, get on a train, get on another bus and arrive for work over 2 hours late and very thirsty and stressed and tired. on the way some rude boys were rude, a drunk man invited me home with him but was very nice when i declined and helped me find the park, old ladies actually pushed me ontot the right bus - for old people they were very strong - and ordered the bus driver to let me off at the right stop, a woman working in the same beer tent as me got offended when i packed up a table she wanted to pack up and i had to apologise, the tent manager wouldnt tell me his name and was cuntish to me all shift (until just before he gave me an evaluation form when he suddenly became super nice) and some man got offended cos i asked for salt for my chips and i mocked him when he offered me soy sauce instead. *sigh* some people are so sensitive.

also IDIOT WOMAN BIT some idiot woman came up and basically tried to have a conversation with me while i was working. she said she was playing devils advocate but what she actually did was tell me how with my tattoo id never get a job anywhere and my career would be shit. she was a journalist so she should know. the high point of her argument came when she informed me that i would never be sent out to cover diplomatic functions. i could have cried the dream is shattered. no ferrero rocher for me. oh well, i suppose ill have to go to chiapas to report from there...o ... wait a moment...
yes you idiot woman u r a twat and there is a difference between playing devils advocate and ruining someones hopes. its not like i can just go o yes! ur right! wait a moment will i get some soap and wash off my PERMANENT tattoo.
humph.

im off to brighton tomorrow in theory. i say in theory cos something will happen, u know it will. gotta find a house and buy 66 blank white masks. wicked.

well i bid y'all farewell and goodnight, and if someone could please get rid of that awful comment option id be much obliged.

jess
x

1 Comments:

Blogger Grilly said...

yeah, it only serves to remind you how few people read this doesn't it? no, i like the comments. you don't like them,, fine - get rid of them, you can easily find how. i'm not being harsh am i? its been a long day, and a comment pad is a good thing to take out stress on. sleep now...

nice post, but you didn't say whether or not you got to work at reading (whihch has a fooking cool line up, in line, line up, in line, is all i remember)! i want to know! i'll speak to you before i go away and re-affirm my vows to you, love grillyxxxx

17 July 2004 at 23:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home